1. Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
2. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff.
4. Set aside.
5. In a medium bowl, beat egg yolks well.
6. Stir in milk.
7. Add sifted dry ingredients to egg yolks and mix until moistened (be careful not to over mix).
8. Add vegetable oil.
9. Fold in egg whites.
10. Pour cinnamon in mixture and stir.
11. Add the apples.
12. Blend lightly into mixture.
13. Bake in preheated waffle maker for at least 4-5, until crisp and brown.