1. Preheat waffle maker.
2. Sift unbleached all-purpose flour, baking powder, granulated sugar, and salt into medium bowl.
3. Stir in chopped walnuts.
4. Beat the 3 egg yolks with melted unsalted butter and whole milk.
5. Stir egg mixture into flour mixture and stir until combined but lumpy. Set aside.
6. In a separate bowl, beat the 3 egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
7. Fold beaten egg whites gently into the batter.
8. Add batter to waffle maker and bake per the manufacturer's instructions.
9. Top freshly baked waffles with slices of strawberries and bananas.
10. Serve with warmed maple syrup.